Sunday, July 29, 2012

Dear Belly

I'm so very grateful that you are hosting my little Rob-O.  I apologize for the kicking/punching/general rowdiness that's going on inside you, and I totally agree that it looks super bizarre when he's wiggling around in there to the point that I can see it through your protective walls.  I do have a couple of questions/requests for you, though, that I'd like to address. 

First, why oh why is the line that's going down my belly OFF CENTER?!  As someone who's slightly anal retentive about symmetry, this is driving me nuts.

Second, this whole belly button poking out thing is starting to really freak me out.  It just looks weird and creepy and I don't know how to deal with this.  And it moves when I laugh/sneeze/tighten what's left of my abs...is it supposed to do that??? 

And finally, as you continue to stretch, please do me a favor and try as hard as you can to avoid those dark stretch marks that I realize are a distinct possibility.  I know that this might be a futile request, but I just had to throw that in there. 

Again, thanks for being such a great place for the little dude to chill out (hopefully his stay lasts for only 3 more months).  After the birth I promise to take good care of you and do some maintenance work on the existing structure.  Hopefully next summer we can go on a little beach vacay and soak up some sun! 

Sincerely yours,

Jenni

1 comment:

  1. My line was off center too. It bothered me. It also didn't show up for a while and then, op and it was BAM in your face. Re stretch marks: I know they are largely determined by your genetics, but I LOVE LOVE LOVE this stuff: http://www.amazon.com/Mama-Mio-Stretch-Butter-stretch/dp/B000OZI8HS/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1343619064&sr=8-4&keywords=tummy+butter. It's freaking amazing. Regardless if it does what is says it will do, it feels so good on your (ever stretching) skin and lasts a LONG time.

    ReplyDelete