Tuesday, August 2, 2011

I did it!

Yesterday was a workout day.  In the morning I did my Crossfit Endurance programming (we did 100m relays) and then in the afternoon I did regular Crossfit.  Russell, the CFE trainer, mentioned that the workout was going to be "Angie" (a lot of the Crossfit workouts have names).  Angie is particularly daunting...it's 100 pull ups, 100 push ups, 100 sit ups and 100 air squats.  Normally I do this workout with assisted pull ups and knee push ups.  Lately I've been doing better about pull ups and push ups, so I decided yesterday that my goal was to at least do 50 regular pull ups and all 100 push ups from my toes, not my knees.  I got there, was mentally prepared, and did the workout.  Oh.  My.  Gosh.  I did ALL 100 pull ups without assistance!  100 kipping pull ups!!  WHAAAT?!  After I hit 50 I thought about going to the rubber band assisted pull ups, but I knew I still had some juice left in me, so I kept going.  Sometimes it was one at a time, but I kept grinding through and did ALL 100 pull ups (unassisted), all 100 push ups (on my toes), all 100 sit ups and all 100 squats.  I was happy that I didn't die and that I did it as prescribed!  Granted, both hands now have torn blisters (which are super painful), but it was worth it!  Today my hands, shoulders, triceps, back, abs and hamstrings alllll are very sore!  Thanks Crossfit!  Haha! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment