Sunday, August 28, 2011

Menu for the week!

Below is my dinner menu for the week...I like to plan ahead so I don't stress out over what to make every night after work.  :)

Sunday - Herb Grilled Chicken a la the Healthy Irishman (we didn't do the celery root mash, just the chicken) & a spinach salad

Monday - "BBQ" slow cooker short ribs (using the sauce from the "Technical Fowl Honey Chicken Wings" recipe I have in my football crock pot instructions/recipe booklet, see below)

Tuesday - Burgers (yummm) (no bun, please!)

Wednesday - Zucchetti (zucchini, peeled and wilted in a colander, covered in your favorite meaty spaghetti sauce!)

Thursday - Fish & Broccoli...not sure what fish/recipe I'll use yet...depends on the fish that they have @ the store on Thursday!  But I'm thinking this one sounds good...Lime & Basil Tilapia.  Or I might just fry it up with some coconut flour, who knows!

Friday - Garlic parmesan chicken wings ... since it's the start of football season, what better Friday dish than some chicken wings?!  Yay, I'm excited for Friday!

Saturday - Again, it's football season, it's time for football food, meaning an almond crusted pizza

It sounds like we'll be eating well this week!  Yay for dinner!

Technical Fowl Honey Wings
12 chicken wings (24 chicken drummies)
1/4 tsp ground ginger (or fresh grated if you've got it!)
salt & pepper to taste

1 c. honey
1/3 c. Worcestershire sauce (unfortunately this is pretty much not paleo approved, but we're not doing shooters of the stuff AND the stuff we have IS gluten free, so we'll go with it for now!)
1 Tbsp olive oil (or your fat of choice!)
1/4 c. spicy brown mustard
1 oz. chili seasoning (you could buy a packet at the store, but check the ingredients!  We're just going to make our own with the chili powder and spices we have in our pantry). 

Since we're not making these as chicken wings, we'll only use the second half of the recipe.  I'll put it all in a bowl, stir it together, and pour it over the short ribs in the bottom of the crock pot, then I'll put it on low for abougt 8-10 hours. 

Hope everyone's having a great Sunday!  I'm off to finish my guacamole beef (which is exactly what it sounds like...cooked ground beef with a few spoonfuls of guacamole mixed in with it)!

No comments:

Post a Comment