Thursday, January 5, 2012

2012...So Far, So Good!

Before I go on to 2012, I forgot to mention in my last post that I got to go see Les Miserables at the AT&T Winspear Opera House here in Dallas!  I bought tickets back at the beginning of October (it was my late anniversary gift to myself and Dude) and it was AMAZING!  I loved loved loved it!  I got teary eyed at the sound of the opening bars of music, just because I LOVE this musical so much.  It is the music that opened my eyes to the world of musicals...I have a special place in my heart for it for sure.  Yes, I've been waiting since middle school to see this musical.  I also cried (flat out big-tears-streaming-down-the-cheeks cried) at the finale, of course.  I also may have mouthed the entire thing (hey at least I didn't sing out loud) and made facial expressions throughout.  The BEST part about the musical though was the fact that Dude, who had never really listened to it before and who is not exactly Mr. Musicals, actually liked it!  He's been humming/singing "Do You Hear the People Sing" around the house lately, and he's listened to it a few times now on his own! :)  Hooray for the new Les Mis convert!!!!

Ok, now on to 2012! :)  With the start of the year, Dude and I are doing another Whole30.  We have to detox from all the yummy yet gut damaging food we ate over the holidays.  The menu for the week, in case any of you are curious, will be listed at the bottom.  We got Paleo Comfort Foods Cookbook for Christmas, so we put one of the new recipes to the test this week.  It was really good!!  I can't wait to try the fried chicken on the cover of the book, it looks absolutely DELISH! 

Something I'm looking forward to this January?  The Civil Wars in concert!!!  Dude got me tickets for Christmas and I cannot wait!  I hope to make him love them as much as I do.  There's something about the harmonies that they sing that just gives me chills.  I wish I could sing with them.  Over the Christmas holiday, we stayed at my parents house and my little brother, who is REALLY good at singing and playing different instruments and should probably be in the music biz, sang some songs with me at his keyboard...we sang O Come O Come Emmanuel and Fix You (Coldplay).  It's fun to sing with someone who's really good like that. :)

Dinner menue for the week:

Sunday - Smoked pork butt roast with sauteed veggies wrapped in romaine lettuce

Monday - Baked chicken breast with pesto spaghetti squash (from the above mentioned cookbook)

Tuesday - Grilled pork chops, marinated in apple cider vinegar, mustard powder, garlic salt, black pepper & white pepper, paired with sauteed brussel sprouts with bacon, shallot, balsalmic vinegar and garlic salt (and some fried sweet potato bites because I love them)

Wednesday - Crockpot chicken seasoned with oregano, rosemary, lemon and shallots, and green beans

Thursday - Crockpot beef arm roast cooked with onion, tomato, garlic salt (I love garlic, could you tell?) and pepper with a side of fried sweet potato bites.

Friday - On tomorrow's menu is some chopped up chicken breast cooked with chopped tomatoes and broccoli and, wait for it...waaaaait for iiiiiiit...GARLIC!  We'll serve it maybe with a side of spaghetti squash...or just plain...who knows. 

Saturday - I think I'd really like some burger action...Dude can make a mean burger patty. :)

Boom...that's what I got...how about you?

2 comments:

  1. So glad you loved Les Mis!! I'm too embarrassed to tell you how many times I cried when I saw it. And how did I miss hearing about the Civil Wars in concert here? Ive only been listening to them for a few months but I love them. They're crazy good. Menu sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're coming to Dallas at the House of Blues but they're sold out already...they're also going to be at Cains in Tulsa and that's when we're going. :) Love the Civil Wars!!!

    ReplyDelete