Saturday, January 14, 2012

Lazy Saturday

Oooooh Saturday!  How I love thee!  I hope your Saturday was as lazy and wonderful as mine has been!

This morning I slept until I woke myself up at 8:15ish.  Then BJ and I got up and I went to the gym.  Our gym (Crossfit Richardson) has gotten pretty busy lately!  I remember the old days when the 5:30 a.m. class was just me, Dude, the gym owner and his parents and sister!  Apparently this Friday we had 27 people in the 5:30 a.m. class!  Wow!  I guess Crossfit is becoming more popular and a little more well known, which is fine with me.  I love it and I love hearing about other people's experiences when they first start!  When I got done with my workout, I came home and had some bacon and strawberries for breakfast.  Mmmmm bacon.  I had five strips (yes...I know...I'm a pig, pun intended, don't judge) and loved every bite. 

After a nice hot shower, Dude and I decided to go out to the Texas Home and Garden show in Las Colinas.  That was a good waste of $22 and an hour of my life (which includes the 30 minutes spent getting there).  It was mainly just a lot of contractor booths and jaccuzzis and random things that we weren't interested in.  We left and decided since we were out in the area we'd stop at the place where we got our granite when we remodeled the kitchen last year.  We had planned on re-doing the bathrooms this winter/spring...nothing major, just replacing the counter tops, sinks, faucets and light fixtures.  Pretty simple stuff that we can do ourselves for the most part.  Luckily, the granite place had a good deal for us on a pretty slab of Venitian Gold, so we went ahead and scheduled them to come out and measure and bring us some more granite!  Yay! 

Sweet granite that we got in the kitchen...Tropical Delicatus is the official name.
So today is day 14 of our 30 day paleo challenge!  I'm doing ok so far...I do miss chocolate but I'll live.  I'm feeling good, feeling strong and feeling healthy!  My nose has been a little runny these last couple of days, but considering its 70 degrees outside and things are probably blooming and a lot of people around me have been sick with a cold, I'm just glad all I have is a mildly runny nose, because it could be a lot worse!  I've lost the extra few pounds I gained over the holidays (darn you cookies and fudge!) and I'm sleeping better at night.  All in all, pretty successful for 14 days in! :) 
Dinner tonight was smoked chicken breast (bone in) with some steamed and sauteed brussel sprouts cooked with shallots, bacon, red wine vinegar and sprinkled with garlic salt.  They're actually pretty decent!  It's good to know some of the things that I'm starting to like are super nutritious and good for me. 

I'm looking forward to this week...I'm going to go see The Civil Wars in concert!  Hooray!  I seriously can't wait to go watch them.  I will try very hard not to sing along...at least not too loudly.  I'm also thinking about going to this circus school thing with a couple of gals from work.  Apparently I'll get to learn how to climb the silks which sounds like WAY fun!

Hope everyone's Sunday is just as relaxing as Saturday has been!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment