Friday, November 2, 2012

The Nursery

For your viewing pleasure, some pictures of the nursery!  Now we just need a baby to occupy the space...

Here's the little one's crib.  The cord you see is for the video monitor that's mounted on the wall above the bed.  We have some safari themed bedding in there right now (don't worry, I'll remove all suffocation risks when he's in there).  We also have a Norman Rockwell picture hanging over his bed, because who doesn't love "A Boy and His Dog"??  The owl clock will probably go on the wall there between the window and the crib.

More pictures of the crib...cute mobile, a fun kangaroo and Ryan the Lion, as well as our froggy blanket that is SUPER soft and cuddly.

Here's the changing table/dresser.  I like that this piece can grow with him...and I just love dark wood!

We will be adding a picture of our little family in the picture frame once he joins us...until then it's sitting there with a Scentsy monkey and the lamp (with a tweedy, menswear inspired lamp shade, which will be useful even into his teen years!)

This is the rocker we're going to be using.  It was my Papa's (he's the Oscar that Robert Oscar is named after)...it's leather and soft and a recliner as well.  It works well with the whole feel of the room, and I love that I can rock little O in big O's chair.  The blanket on the back of the chair was a shower gift and it is SUPER comfy and soft and I just might have to steal it from the kiddo.
I hung the Hootie clock in his room...I think it's a nice touch.

I painted these little guys to put in his room as well...there's the R with the monkey tail, the owl, and then a brown background with BJ's and my handprint on it.  When Rosco is born we'll add his little hand print to the center!

Cute little stool my sweet friend Jayne bought for him...if he's a shorty like his momma he'll need it to reach things! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment