Saturday, October 27, 2012

40 Week Update

It is officially my due date...and I'm still way pregnant!  It's funny to hear people telling me, "Oh you'll have him soon, you've definitely dropped!" then the next person I see will tell me, "It might still be a while, it doesn't look like you've dropped yet!"  It's also funny to watch strangers' faces when they ask me, "Oh, when are you due?" and I say, "Today" (or "Saturday" or "Yesterday" as I'm sure I'll do tomorrow)...their eyes get really wide like I'm going to have the kid right then and there.  Basically, God and Rob-O are the only ones who know when he'll come, so I'm just not stressing about it.  I'll know when it's time to go to the hospital because a) my water will have broken or b) contractions will be strong enough and regular enough for me to know that they're actual contractions (still not sure if I've had any yet) and we will have timed them and stuff.  Until then I'm just going to continue doing what I do (not really sure what that is just yet) and resting when I get tired. 

I have a doctor's appointment on Monday, and we may discuss scheduling an induction, but I think I'll still try to give him at least another week or two to come out on his own...heck I was almost a month late (Sorry Mom!) and my bros were both at a week or two late.  I'm not completely miserable or anything (even if I do whine a little now and then) and if the baby's still healthy in there, why try to take him out before he's ready? 

Pardon the crazy hair, it was still drying.  This sweater is a non-maternity sweater that was always just REALLY long on me (I think NY & Co?) so now that my belly is huge, it actually hits me at a normal spot, yay!

Alright, Rob-O, lets get this show on the road!  Please come join us soon! :)

2 comments:

  1. Well hell. I'm sorry you're officially past due but I guess that just gives Rosco more time to fatten up! Jude & Sloane are really hoping to have a birthday buddy on Tuesday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. You still look fantastic! And I see no droppage. :)

    ReplyDelete