Saturday, May 12, 2012

16 Weeks (and TWO pictures!)


Took this picture this morning after a light Crossfit workout

How Far Along? 16 Weeks

Size of Baby?  Per TheBump.com, s/he is the size of an avocado.  The little one weighs around 3.5 ounces and measures about 4.6 inches. 

Maternity Clothes?  A mix of both pre-maternity and maternity…although I have a gift card coming to me soon that I will be spending at Destination Maternity…I am in need of some maternity jeans and some longer shirts (and I want those green shorts that are like my coral ones!) 

Weight Gain?  As of this morning, it’s around 8 lbs.  Should I be concerned that I gained 2 lbs in a week this early?  Should I perhaps lay off the ice cream? Hmmmm…I definitely think I look pregnant. 

Gender? Your guess is as good as mine

Sleep? Doin’ good!  Waking up to pee and eat Tums (darn you heartburn!), but I’m able to fall RIGHT back to sleep.

Food Cravings?  Nothing super crazy…although this afternoon I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted a Sea Salt Soiree bar (dark chocolate, almonds and sea salt) and a Gatorade.  We determined I needed electrolytes or something.  J   

What I Miss? Same as last week…I miss the heavy workouts.  Also, I miss eating without getting heartburn.    

Symptoms? Heartburn, huge boobs, a little lower back pain every now and then.

Belly Button?  Innie…but it DEFINITELY looks shallower (or is it “more shallow”?  Whatever). 

Best Moment of the Week? So I went to prenatal yoga last Sunday.  I’ve never really been a yoga person…I’m really not “zen” and I have a hard time being serious when in tight stretchy clothing.  However, I thought it would be a good idea to go do something specifically for pregnant women in order to strengthen my core and allow me to get some good stretching in.  I must say, I REALLY enjoyed it!  My favorite part is the last 15 minutes of basically lounging with my eyes closed, all super relaxed and listening to ocean sounds.  Mmmmm, I almost fell asleep.  It was glorious!  I also got some AMAZING sleep later on that night…not sure if that was yoga induced but we’ll see since I’m definitely going back tomorrow night.  J 

Took this picture this afternoon...I am obsessed with maternity shorts! I love shorts!

No comments:

Post a Comment