Thursday, May 31, 2012

Belated 18 Week Update

Sooo yeah...little late here.  With the holiday weekend we traveled to Tulsa and I got lazy.


How Far Along? Week 18

Size of Baby?  Depending on what site you look at, Baby Benni is the size of a sweet potato, a pickle or a baked potato.  Measurements are approximately 5.6 inches long and 6.7 ounces (and growing!)

Maternity Clothes?  A mix of both. 

Weight Gain?  I think around 10 lbs, thank you very much Memorial Day Weekend crescent rolls, brownies and cookies. 

Gender?  No idea! 

Sleep? Sleeping really soundly when I am asleep…unfortunately sometimes I wake up b/c of heartburn.  Boo.    

Food Cravings?  I finally had some jumbo popcorn chicken from Sonic so my 1st trimester “craving” was finally satisfied.  It was pretty fantastic.   

What I Miss? Being skinny, lifting weights, doing push-ups w/out my belly touching the ground first…   

Symptoms? Heartburn, huge boobs, more lower back pain, having a belly.

Belly Button?  Shallow innie.

Best Moment of the Week?  We’re gonna do a best/worst.  The worst: so I got into a wreck this afternoon (boooooo!).  My car is in the shop, the front end was damaged pretty badly.  I hit someone (we’re gonna blame this on pregnancy brain maybe?) because I did not look both ways before crossing the street.  I’m ok, the other gal is ok, and baby Benni is ok!  The best: I went and had a sono to get things checked out after the wreck (and for peace of mind) and saw the little one’s face and hands and feet and heart and everything.  I told the sono tech I didn’t want to know the sex of the baby since I want to share that with Dude next week at our scheduled appointment, but I’ll bet I could have found that out too if I had wanted.  I saw it’s little feet and crossed and curled up and its hand covering its face like, “Oh, geez, Mom, did you really just get into a wreck, you nerd?”  That was pretty cool for sure.  J 

No comments:

Post a Comment