Monday, May 21, 2012

Week 17


How Far Along? 17 Weeks

Size of Baby?  Per TheBump.com, s/he is the size of an onion, at 5.1 inches and 5.9 oz.  My onions are heavier than 5.9 ounces…so I guess the fruit/veggie comparison is just for length. 

Maternity Clothes?  Still wearing a mix of both (and still waiting on that darn gift card!  Hurry up, Mr. Postman!) 

Weight Gain?  Officially 8 lbs, per the doctor visit on Friday.  Luckily the doctor said that was perfect and I was right on track.  Whether or not she said it to be nice or because it’s true, I don’t know, but I’m going to run with it. J

Gender? Still no clue, but we find out on June 7!!  Yaaaay!  Hurry up, June!

Sleep? Sleeping well!  I have woken up a few times with some lower back pain…basically on my right side, just above my hip and just to the right of my spine, I have a pain which is apparently my sciatic nerve.  Last night I put a little pillow to put between my knees while I sleep, and I woke up pain free this morning, so crossing my fingers that helps. 

Food Cravings?  Normal stuff, i.e. sugar and starches.  I always crave Taco Bueno.  And the other morning I had a leftover steak for breakfast (which was noticed and commented on by a co-worker).

What I Miss? Repeat of last week.      

Symptoms? Heartburn, huge boobs, more lower back pain.

Belly Button?  Shallow innie.

Best Moment of the Week?  We went to the doctor this week and got to hear the heartbeat again!  Yaaay!  I had a bunch of questions for the doctor, and I got them all answered.  The baby’s heart rate was 146 BPM, which she said was great.  She said that the average heart rate for babies at this point is anywhere between 110 and 180, and it can fluctuate during the day.  The heartbeat sounded strong, and the baby was wiggling a bit so we had to kind of chase him/her around a few times.  We also scheduled our 20 week anatomy sonogram for June 7th.  THAT will be pretty darn cool.  I also am pretty sure I’m feeling the baby now…I think I’m getting punched from the inside. 

2 comments:

  1. Hey sista! Didn't even know you had a blog! :) And also didn't know you were pregnant! Congratulations!!! So exciting! :) I'll have to save you to my blogroll!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jackie! Your blog is on my blog list as well! Sounds like all is well in your world! :)

      Delete