Sunday, July 24, 2011

Back in the big D...

This weekend I went and visited Dude in sunny Florida! :)  It was SUPER fun and I got broooown.  Dude has been in Melbourne, Florida, for work.  Melbourne is on Florida's Atlantic coast (or the "Space Coast" as so many tourist-y things called it).  I got there Thursday night, went and had dinner at a local seafood place (grilled mahi mahi with a baked sweet potato).  Friday I spent some time on the beach in the a.m., sans the Dude (he was working), then spent some time w/ Dude on the beach after he got finished.  We also hung out at the pool and got fairly sunburned!  I am hurting now! 

On Saturday we went to the Sebastian Inlet State Park and hung out on the beach there for a while.  We had a lot of fun getting knocked around by the waves...I actually got pushed over and ended up scraping my shoulder on the sand/shells.  Boo!  I also got a lot of sand in places that don't need sand :-\ yuck.  Then, to make it even better, the face of my phone got shattered, so we had to go see about getting a new one.  I did get a new phone, the HTC Status, and I'm kind of excited about it!  After two hours at the AT&T store, we went up north to Port Canaveral where cruise ships and other "big" ships launch.  We had dinner at a restaurant up there...more mahi mahi for me!  Apparently people in Florida love their sweet potato fries because I literally saw it on every lunch/dinner menu.  The waitress also told me that I reminded her of Robin from General Hospital...I used to watch that show and I always loved her! :)  It made me happy!  Dude and I had some ice cream on the way home...not paleo but delish none the less.

Sunday morning we had breakfast (oops, I had some pancakes, and they were yummy).  We beached it up a little longer (more jumping in waves and squealling like a 5 year old), then made sure I was all packed up, went to lunch (bbq pulled pork sandwich, no bun, & sweet potato fries), and went to this awesome little candy shop in downtown Melbourne.  We had ice cream...I had the cake batter ice cream (yellow cake and what looked like chocolate frosting mixed in) and Dude had the Melbourne Mud (vanilla with chocolate and carmel).  Soooo good!  Then off to the airport...p.s. I hate people and airports and the Orlando airport (MCO) in particular.  Security is always a nightmare there (really, there's not much in the way of lines...its more like a mob of people standing around with screaming children), however I'm grateful for the "Experienced Travelers" line.  I think there must have been some large group of international students at the theme parks or something because there was a MASSIVE amount of foreign teenagers in the ticket line/security line/wandering around the airport.  I finally arrived back in the big D and my friend came and picked me up from the airport.  I got home and unpacked and now it is BED TIME!  Good night friends!  I will be back to blogging on a more regular basis soon! :)

1 comment:

  1. I wish more restaurants in Texas would serve sweet potato fries! Come on, Texas... get with it!

    ReplyDelete