Sunday, July 10, 2011

Oink, oink! I love pig!!

Mmmmmm pig!  I think I like it a little too much!  Pork chops, ham, bacon...it's all just so good!!  Today I had some weirdly excess energy...like...enough to vaccuum the floor (even though our housekeeper is coming to clean tomorrow) and iron some clothes.  I think the last time I ironed was around Christmas!  Thank goodness for wrinkle-free fabric! 

Today has been a pretty lazy day...I didn't get out of bed until 9:00 (slacker!!), but I sorted laundry after getting up and brushing my teeth.  I started a load of laundry, started the dishwasher, hand washed a few dishes, made breakfast (3 slices of ham, the last hot dog, some spinach, and blueberries and strawberries), and got out the vaccuum.  I went over the hardwood floor because it just seemed like lots of stuff had accumulated over the last week (I had vaccuumed last weekend as well since we had company).  Then I emptied the dishwasher, folded laundry & started another load and then sat and watched TV for a little bit.  I flipped between Freaks & Geeks on IFC (anyone remember that show?  I didn't realize it had Jason Segel in it!), Indiana Jones movies on SyFy, and Harry Potter movies on ABC Family.  After lunch (leftover fish & broccoli) and more laundry folding, I went to Target to buy cute stuff for my friends expecting babies (3 in the next month!  Geez, baby boom much?) and got a few groceries from Sprouts.

I also made a new recipe for dinner...I got it from the Food Network website.  It was really tasty!  And I even made myself some avocado dip to go along with it.  I'll be having that again, for sure! 


I've included the link to the recipe above, it's too long to put on here (and I'm lazy).  But my avocado dip was just 1 avocado, 3 super duper small jalepenos from our garden, lime juice, onion powder and garlic powder.  Mash it all up and enjoy!  Oh, and the red stuff on top of the pork chop is sauteed red onions in a reduction sauce of orange juice, lime juice and chicken broth (I subbed chicken broth for the white wine in the recipe).  Now that I've had dinner, cleaned up the kitchen and ironed clothes, I think I'll join Sweet Dee & Charlie...







No comments:

Post a Comment