Thursday, July 7, 2011

Taco Chicken Wings!

MMMM!  I love these chicken wings SO MUCH!  I found the recipe on a website called Health Bent...it's really good!  I was going to take a picture of them but I ate them all...oops!  I was going to try to make my own version of the guac dip that goes with them, but the avocado I had was too squishy for my tastes.  If I had a ripe avocado I would have chopped up a jalepeno, added onion powder and garlic powder and mashed it all together with a squirt of lime juice.  I'll just have to do it next time I suppose!  It's probably best to use pastured chicken wings if you have 'em, but regular old store bought ones will do just fine too!

Taco Chicken Wings with Guac Dip

Ingredients

  • 3 lbs chicken wings
  • F.O.C. (fat of choice)
  • 2 t garlic powder
  • 2 t chili powder
  • 1 1/2 t salt
  • 1 t smoked paprika
  • 1 t regular paprika
  • 1/4 t cayenne pepper

For the Guac Dip

  • 2 avocados
  • 1 lime, juiced
  • 1 handful cilantro, chopped
  • chili garlic sauce, to taste
  • salt
Mix the spices together. Coat the wings in the spice mix along with a few tablespoons of your F.O.C (melted). Place the wings, skin side down, on a baking sheet. Broil for about 12 minutes on this side, until crispy. Use a pair of tongs to flip over the wings to skin-side up. Continue to broil for about 20 minutes, until the skin is super crispy.

For the Guac Dip
Blend all ingredients together in a food processor, or just use a fork to smash everything together.

No comments:

Post a Comment