Sunday, July 17, 2011

Weekend check-in...

There have been some pros and cons to this weekend...let us examine them:

Pro - Got some sweet new kicks on sale at Luke's Locker...the location on Oak Lawn is selling all their stuff at 1/2 off b/c they moved locations.  I am the proud owner of some new Nike Frees in black w/ hot pink laces/trim. 

Pro - Got in a good run on Saturday morning before it got TOO terribly hot (who am I kidding, it's too terribly hot ANY time in Texas during the summer).  I managed to shave 6 minutes of my last weekend's run (same course) and ran the whole way.  It's probably a combination of the fact that last weekend was my first long run in a few months (so I was TERRIBLE), and the fact that I ran an hour later last weekend than I did this weekend.  Either way, glad to have my mile sub 10 min. again and I am looking forward to improving it some more!

Con - TV went out AGAIN and AT&T was a no show last night when they were scheduled to come out and fix it.  On Wednesday evening our TV/DVR box in the living room went down...it wasn't working, we did the trouble shooting thing online and on the phone w/ tech support, and they scheduled someone to come out on Thursday between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. to fix it.  He came out, fixed it, and went on his way.  Friday afternoon, the stupid box went out AGAIN (same problem).  This time we knew we just needed an entirely new box.  I called tech support again and scheduled them to come out here, AGAIN, on Saturday between 4 p.m. and 9 p.m. (that was the earliest they had).  So, glad we didn't have any weekend plans...geez.  8:45 rolls around an NO ONE has called us saying they're on their way or anything...so I went online w/ tech support to chat with them...at first they told me to wait until 9:00...of course at that point the clock read 9:05...so I politely told them it WAS 9:00 and no one had called or been here.  They said they'd talk to the other department and 20 minutes later (after I just said screw it, let me just reschedule) they said that I'd have to reschedule.  Duh.  But since it was taking 20 minutes for them to tell me what I already knew, we said we didn't have time to do it at that moment because we'd already wasted our day waiting on them. 

Pro - We went out and watched Harry Potter on Saturday night in order to quell our anger at AT&T.  :)  I cried like a baby, but I cry at everything.  I'm pretty sure I have the loudest sniffles in the world and the entire theater probably heard me.

Con - We can't get our TV fixed until Monday!  @#$%@#% AT&T!!  So because y'all screwed up I have to wait anodhter day an a half to get fixed?!  That's crap and I plan on calling, downgrading our service (which we've been meaning to do anyway) and probably complaining until I get something for free or at a very large discount. 

Pro - I got to go to the spa today and have a 50 minute hot stone massage and a facial!  Woohoo!  Those are always a good thing!  I went with a co-worker and we went into the steam room that they had ("appropriate swimwear" was required in the steam room), and decided I'm not that into steam...it was very hard to breathe, but I'm glad I did it just to know what it felt like (hot and sweaty and gross and pretty much the same sweat factor I feel after a hard workout at Crossfit in the afternoon).  But it was relaxing and I enjoyed every minute of my massage and facial! :)

Pro - It's DAY 21!!  Nine more days left in our 30 day paleo challenge!  Hurrah!  I'm not sure what my re-introduction plans will be, but I guess I need to start thinking about it.  Dinner Friday was a beef rump roast that we put in the crock pot (I also threw in basil, bacon, onion and green chiles).  Dinner Saturday was a SUPER easy roasted chicken. We seasoned it with salt, garlic powder, and threw some rosemary sprigs and garlic cloves inside the cavity.  It was yuuuummmyyyy!  As a side dish we had some steamed broccoli and sliced cherry tomatoes...we dressed it with a lime/basil/pomegranate dressing that we threw together a few weeks ago, and it was pretty tasty too!  Dinner tonight (in the oven as I type!) is oxtail.  I'm a little nervous about trying this, but we have it from our side of beef order last year and we need to use it.  I seared the pieces in my big French oven and seasoned it with some garlic, salt, pepper, oregano, & onion powder.  Then I added sliced yellow onion and threw in bay leaves on top.   I poured water in the pot to about 1/4 of the way up the side of the pot.  I covered it with foil and threw it into a pre-heated oven @ 350 degrees and it's cooking for 2 1/2 hours, then I'll check on it and see how we're doing.  Crossing my fingers! 

This week should be a good one...hope everyone else has had a great weekend! 

No comments:

Post a Comment