Saturday, July 9, 2011

Weekend Eating...

I have a tendency to eat a lot over the weekend...whether it be "good" food or "bad" food...I just feel like I eat a lot more than during the week.  I also think I crave junk food more during the weekend...it's probably that "I'm bored, what can I eat" type syndrome.  Well, I've almost made it through the whole Saturday without any cheats...only a few more hours to go! 

This morning I woke up and went for a run with my Crossfit Endurance group...the rest of the crew ran a 5 mile course, but I only ran a 3 mile course...it's the first time I've run in a LONG time, so a 3 mile course sounded much more managable.  Unfortunately, my run sucked.  I only made it 1 mile before I had to stop and walk...I ended up walking and running the rest of the way, in intervals.  It took me 38 minutes to go 3.38 miles...yuck.  Not my best performance! 

After I ran (and then ran a couple of errands), I came home and made breakfast...I have some deli ham slices that I bought (nitrate free, sugar free, hooray!) so I threw some of those on a skillet to warm/crisp them up.  I ended up having 6 slices of ham and a peach I bought from the local farmer's market.  It was really tasty!  After breakfast, I got all cleaned up and went and got a pedicure.  I figured since I ran I deserved a little foot pampering :).  Unfortunately that ruined me for the rest of the day...sitting there for an hour in a massage chair with someone rubbing your feet/legs kinda made me want to go home and take a NAP!  Instead I just came home and have been sitting on the couch most of the day, watching the Harry Potter marathon on Family Channel.  I suck. 

Lunch/mid afternoon snack consisted of one organic, nitrate free, sugar free, grass fed beef hot dog (geez that's a mouthful), a handful of baby spinach and a handful of sunflower seeds. I am just discovering that I like sunflower seeds now...this could be dangerous b/c I have a feeling I could eat a lot of them! Dinner was coconut/almond fried fish (Alaskan Cod), steamed broccoli seasoned with pastured pork fat and garlic salt, and homemade sweet potato chips. I'm so irritated b/c I took some lovely pictures of my dinner, only to discover that I apparently deleted them without realizing it. :( I was able to actually take one with my phone...



The rest of the evening will consist of me cleaning the kitchen, watching more Harry Potter, maybe reading some Harry Potter, and watching the cats do this...


Yeah, I think I've been like them all day long...oh well! :)  

Coconut Fried Fish
1/4 c. coconut flour
1/4 c. almond meal
2 sprigs of oregano
2 sprigs of basil (about 10-15 small leaves)
Garlic Salt (to taste)
Pepper (to taste)
2 Tbsp coconut oil (not extra virgin, something more tasteless instead)
2-3 filets of a white, flaky fish of your choice

Rinse fish just to get the outside slightly wet (you could probably use egg to coat the outside if you have one on hand).  Dredge the fish in a mixture of the coconut flour, almond meal, herbs and spices.  Melt the coconut oil in a skillet, then place the fish into the hot oil.  Fish cooks quickly, so keep an eye on it!  Flip the fish after the first few minutes, then serve when the fish easily comes apart!  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Where do you get your coconut flour and almond meal? Our grocery store here (HEB) has a wide selection of groceries, but I've yet to find either of those ingredients... am I looking in the wrong section or am I at the wrong store???

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a place called "Sprouts" here...the coconut flour and almond meal are over in the "bulk" section along with nuts, flours, granola, etc. I've never been to an HEB so I'm not sure where it might show up!

    ReplyDelete